Saturday, May 24, 2008

How To Be Wise (Part 16)

Today I am really excited about going to see Prince Caspian. I have been a huge fan of The Chronicles of Narnia ever since I was a kid. We are taking 28 people to Branson Meadows to see it, which should be fun.

Okay, so on to chapter 16. Three verses capture my attention: verse 3, 9 and 20. "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed...In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps...Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord." (NIV) Growing up in church all my life, I have heard these verses over and over again, so much so, that I could probably quote them in three different versions of the Bible. However, truth be told, I have failed to put them into practice more times in my life than I care to count. It never fails, after the fact, that I look back on my mistakes and think, "If only I had prayed or sought council and then trusted God to work it out, the outcome would have been much better."

Now, the older and hopefully wiser I get (with slightly less hair), I tend to lean on God more for guidance and trust Him to bless what He has called me to do. I encourage all of you to start doing that now. Don't make the same mistakes I made as a young man wanting my own way. I'm still paying for some of those mistakes ten years later. Trust God now knowing that He orders your steps and will bless and prosper you if you will simply listen to Him and follow the path He has laid out before you.

May you commit to the Lord everything you do and allow Him to bring you success.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hey Wes,
I'm just following up. :0) I wanted to make sure you got my email about the Assembly of God Blogs. It may have ended up in your spam for some reason. But it was from me (Sharon), sent by me and not a computer. I know after seeing so much spam that there are times I treat personal emails as such and forget there is a real person behind it all. :0) I wanted to assure you it was from me (an A/G Pastor's wife in Indiana) and made sure you got it. Have a great day! Blessings! ~Sharon~ (Owner/Moderator of the Assembly of God Blogs)