Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fishing

Well, I was on vacation last week and went fishing at a "secret" pond built by some in-laws of mine two years ago. It is a large horseshoe shaped pond with trees sticking up on both ends of the horseshoe and 25 feet deep at it deepest point.
Anyway, my dad and I went fishing there last Thursday morning and caught 193 fish in about six hours and that's no fish tale. We were using a bate that attracts all kinds of fish. We caught perch bigger than my hand (and my hands are pretty big), crappie and bass. These weren't just any fish either. It has been stocked with hybrid perch that can get up to three pounds, while the bass are also Florida strain. None of the fish we caught are full grown yet, but it was a lot of fun catching them on ultra-lite reels. We put them all back to caught another day, but I'm not sure I will ever catch that many fish in such a short amount of time again.

No comments: