Friday, September 19, 2008

High-Way 62 Youth Weekly Update

Hey everybody,

Wow, what a night we had Wednesday. I think my cell phone bill is going to be about $50 more than normal with all the text messages I received from you guys. I guess I should of thought of that before I decided to play that little game. I suppose I'll finally have to break down and come into the 21st century by adding text messaging to my account.

Here's something to thing about: The big idea of the message was that "When God calls you, it's best to obey." We discovered through the life of Abraham that faith in God and obedience to God are inseparable. One of the important lessons we learned was that faith and obedience always involve separation. My question to you is, "What are some things you might need to separate yourself from in order to be obedient to God's will?" God gave Abraham many great promises, but they required his obedience and personal commitment to Him as Lord in order to receive those promises. In the same way those promises in God's Word are for us today, but they require our obedience and personal commitment to follow Christ, allowing Him to be the leader of our lives. (If you have questions about any of this stuff, or just want to talk about it, please feel free to email or call me anytime.)

Here's what coming up:

  • Ultimate Frisbee - This Saturday at 1 P.M. at the Berryville practice field across from the new choir and band building. Anyone is welcome, so invite your friends and come hang out with us for an hour or two.

  • See You At The Pole - Next Wednesday at 7 A.M. at your school's flag pole. Don't miss it!

  • Saw You At The Pole - Next Wednesday night at 6:30 P.M. at First Assembly. (Many great churches are coming together to celebrate the goodness of God.)
I think that's it for now. Don't forget to check out the youth website www.hwy62youth.com. We've been adding pictures just about every week, so jump on there and see if you can find your beautiful face.

Love ya, mean it!

Wes

P.S. If you're a Guitar Hero fan, you'll like this video:
Guitar Hero - David Crowder

No comments: