Friday, March 21, 2008

First Starting Out

So, my first few posts are things that I have written previously, but I thought they would be good to start out with so you can get an idea of who I am and where I am at in this journey of life. I wrote this one when I was moving to my first youth pastor position in Van, TX. Looking back, it is amazing what God has done. These thoughts can be put into anyone's journey through life. Hope you enjoy!
"Today I embarked on a journey, a journey for the rest of my life. Through years of growing physically, mentally and spiritually, I now take the course that my ship has been designed to sail. Crafted by God, captained by Jesus Christ, sails filled by the wind of the Holy Spirit, I set out away from my port of safety to a new home port filled with the mystery of the unknown. I ask myself a question, 'Will this new land be as a barren waste land needing much sewing before a plentiful harvest can be reaped or are the fields ripe and ready to be brought in?' Despite the answer I have faith in the ship, because I am a friend of the craftsman; I trust the course, because I have teamed up with the Captain; I have confidence in the sails, because have a connection to what fills them. TODAY, LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!!"
So that was seven years ago. The journey can still be a mystery at times, but I put my hope in God. "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it..." (Phillipians 1:6)
Love you all!

No comments: