Saturday, March 29, 2008

Outdoor Bliss

So, the camping trip was amazing! The weather was perfect during the day, as well as, through the night. We had hotdogs for dinner over the open campfire and some amazing apple cobbler concoctions that Bryan made. After it got dark we had a little fun with Bryan's cool camara and took some pictures with extended exposures. That was fun!

However, I didn't sleep all that well because the ground was hard and I'm getting old. Not to mention, Boomer woke up every couple of hours and shook his head so that his ears made this kind of hellicoptor sound. Nevertheless, I finally did nessle into a groove in the ground and get a few hours of shut-eye.

The float on Thursday was no less than spectacular. The water was crystal clear, the bluffs were awesome testimonies to God's splendor. The only negative thing about the whole trip was that the water was nearly ice cold. That fact being known, I took the plunge anyway, but it didn't take me long to get back out. Boomer (my black lab) enjoyed the trip as well. He was in the water more than he was out. It was fun to watch him.

For anyone who is ever considering coming to the Ozarks to do see the beauty of God's creation, I would highly suggest coming to the Buffalo River Valley. It is simply GORGEOUS!!!





No comments: