Monday, April 21, 2008

Great Quote

I had to write about this quote. It comes from the movie Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium.

"Life is an occasion, rise to it!"

How many of us get so busy with the mundane and monotonous aspects of life that we forget to truly seize the moments we're given. Erwin McManus, in his book, Chasing Daylight, states, "I am convinced the great tragedy is not the sins we commit, but the life that we fail to live...There are few things more inspiring than a life lived with passionate clarity." Am I rising to the occasion or am I satisfied with the mundane? I want my life to count for something. I want to live passionately instead of passively.

So much of life is wasted on repetitious reactions to societies suggestion of what it means to be truly alive. All the while, we remain passive to the true purpose for which we were put here on the earth. God wants to interrupt our average everyday existence longing for something more and give us a life we could only dream of: a life of passion, a life of purpose, a life of meaning. It's time for me to stop sleepwalking through life. It's time to wake up! It's time for me to rise to the occasion of life before I miss the God-given opportunities set before me.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey Wes, I have come to the conclusion that you should take these blogs and write a book on them. You could title it. "Your daily walk through the proverbs of life"! I think it would be really good. And of course in your acknowledgements you would say " I must thank my wonderful sister who inspired me to write this book. She is the best sister in the whole world.!" lol.... Seriously though, you should think about that. You are very good with words and you really could write a book. Love ya