Thursday, April 3, 2008

How To Be Wise (Part 3)

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight...It will be healing to your body, and refreshment to your bones." (vs 5-8)

"Do not be afraid of sudden fear, nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; for the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from being caught." (vs 25-26)

What a promise from God! If we will just trust Him with our whole selves, with all our worries, fears, insecurities, etc. He will lead us down the path we are to follow. When bad things come along, He may or may not deliver us, but we can be confident that He will be with us every step of the way so that we will not be trapped by them.

Here in the Ozarks it's been storming like crazy the last couple of weeks. There have been nights when the thunder was so loud that the whole house shook on its foundations. During those times my young son, James has had moments of fear and insecurity. However, no matter how afraid he is, as soon as he gets into my arms he settles down and is no longer afraid. He feels safe with me and confident that I will not let anything bad happen to him. I think that's what our heavenly Father wants to and is willing to be for us if we will just come to Him with that childlike faith such as that of my son. Whenever I get afraid of what the future holds for me, I look to God and trust 10that He holds me secure and knows my tomorrows. He will not let me be ensnared by the troubles of this life.

Hopefully, this will help someone who reads this to understand what God wants to do and be for them. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey brother of mine! Your words of wisdom are amazing! I have enjoyed reading your "How to be wise" series! With all that we are going through,it has been a sense of strength for me! I love you!